I have been such a slacker with blogging lately. It just seems like there is so much going on and when I actually have a few minutes to do something, all I want to do is sleep...or have the baby...but apparently I don't have much control over that one. Anyway, Grant is always cracking us up so I decided to dedicate a post to some of the funny things he has been saying lately. So, sit back and enjoy!
* We were in the car driving and Grant plugged his ears and proceeded to tell us, "I can't see you!" I think he might be a little confused about the function of each body part!
* Grant put on my shoes and as he shuffled around the kitchen exclaimed, "I'm going to show apartments!"
* My mom has come to stay with us until Grace is born (isn't she great?!?!). Anyway, Grant told her that he would show her an apartment. He then told her, "Let me get some paypahs." He pretended to hand her some papers then ran out of the room as he said, "Oh, let me get da pen." At one point he went to the printer to "get some paypahs" and made a sound like the printer does then took them to Nae Nae. He said, "Keep doze paypahs!" She asked what apartments he had and he answered, "Two bedrooms!" Umm, I don't know how I feel about this because he pretty much got it all right. He did exactly what I do EVERY DAY! It just goes to show that he pays attention to EVERYTHING (and that managing is our life). :-)
* Grant has a long stick that he found outside and it has made its way inside. He loves it! Sometimes it is a fishing pole, sometimes a tool, but on this particular day it was a microphone. He held it so it looked like a long microphone and stated, "Hi! I'm da Bishop!" He then went up to Nae Nae and shook her hand.
* The same day he professed to be the Bishop, he was sitting on the couch with Adam. He exclaimed out of nowhere, "I'm da Bishop. Not Joseph Smiff." Adam responded, "You are Grant Adam Barrow." Grant answered, "I don't sink so. I'm da Bishop!"
* Grant still struggles a little bit with being left in nursery. He usually cries for about 1 minute (but not this past Sunday- WAHOO!). Anyway, 2 Sunday's ago, the leaders brought him to us because he had a dirty diaper. Adam went to change it (what a man) because he knows I can't handle dropping him off in nursery in tears...yes...Grant and I are usually both in tears when its mommy's job. Anyway, I was standing around the corner when Adam brought Grant back to nursery and as I peeked around the corner I saw Grant strutting in to nursery, shirt untucked, hands held above his held, smile on his face, shouting, "I'm BAAAACK!"
* Okay, so you might already know that Grant tends to stick his finger up his nose. He is getting better though! Yesterday, he made Nae Nae get on the ground and then he began inspecting her nose. He got really close and told her, "I sink dares some gawbage up dare!" This kid kills me!
* To preface this one- Roley is a green steamroller on Bob the Builder. Today Grant picked up his pretend walkie talkie (spelling anyone?) and said into it, "Hi Roley! How you doin' today, boy?"
10 comments:
That is so funny! I love thinking about all the funny things that kids say! When are you due?
Haha! I love how he was pretending to be the Bishop. Too funny. We're excited to see pictures of of the baby when he decides to come. How much longer do you have?
These really made me laugh! He is so funny. Sorry about the last month of pregnancy, I hope you aren't too miserable.
Ok so I am dying right now. The one that really kills me is where he put on your shoes and said he was going to show apartments. HA
O my! He is HILARIOUS! You'll be so glad that you wrote those down. What a fun kid.
Funny! But, I must admit, every time I see you have posted, I hoping that it is some kind of baby news...
He is so cute! I got love all the silly things that little kids say and do. They try so hard to imitate us and talk like us, that sometimes it just comes out funny! So, when is the baby due? Do you know what you are having?
What a little smarty pants! That kid kills me! He is so dang smart- he picks up on everything! Good luck with the home stretch of the pregnancy!! Keep us updated!
Well I think I know what he wants to be when he grows up! WHAT A GOAL ;)
That is hilarious!
Post a Comment