Yesterday when the kids got home from school we decided to try our hand at making cloud dough. Grant quickly found a container, helped measure the 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil and viola...SUCCESS! We all sat there and played with it for almost an hour. It feels like flour when you run your hand through it but you can mold it. We played with cups, spoons, GI Joes, you name it. The fun and games ended when our sweet, little princess decided to start a cloud dough fight. I must admit I was impressed with myself--I HATE messes but yesterday when there was cloud dough all over my kids, the rug, the hardwood floor, the couch, under the couch, EVERYWHERE...I didn't have a mini anxiety attack or freak out session. I smiled. I realized in that moment that one day I will miss the mess. I know I won't be able to feel that way all the time but it was a start. Grace better watch out, cuz mommy might be the one to start the cloud dough fight next time. :-)
.JPG) |
| Amelia loved watching |
.JPG) |
| Is it just me or does Amelia look like such a big girl?!?! |
.JPG) |
Amelia even liked how the dough felt and Grant was so cute to build things for her and then try to help her knock it down. He is the best! |
.JPG) |
This was right before Miss Mischief decided to start throwing the dough. I wish the picture was clearer so you could see the smirk on her face. I could see the wheels a turnin'! |
3 comments:
What a great mom you are!
That sounds so fun. I'm going to try it with my kids.
Look at your 3 kids playing together! So proud of you for taking a moment to enjoy. I know the feeling of mess stress all too well. And yes, Amelia is a big girl! Look at those thighs!!!
Totally going to try this too. Thanks!
Post a Comment