Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Knight in Shining (duct tape) Armor and other ramblings

There is a handsome knight in our family. He has also been known to be a prince. Prince Phillip to be exact. Today, we made him a sword and a shield so that he could fight "dwagons" and rescue "Sleeping Mutey!" He explained to me that, "knights fight dwagons. Not castles or towers." Good to know, right? Well, he also asked me to make him a "knight shirt." I'm not quite sure how to do that. "A knight shirt?" I asked him. "How do I do that?" He simply responded with a puzzled look, "Just a knight shirt." I guess I am not well educated in the attire of a knight. But it does make me feel good that he thinks I am capable of creating such a thing. While we were playing I asked him to let me take a picture of him with his sword and shield and he responded, "No, mom. Just take a pitcha of my sword and shield. I'm too cute." Yes you are Bug, and apparently a little vain.

Now for my random rambling...I try not to judge people, okay who is kidding who...I am very judgmental. Anyway, today a man with questionable character came to my door to see an apartment. You know when you just get a feeling that something is not right? Well, he tried to invite himself in and I explained that he would have to make an appointment because I was in the middle of something-I totally lied. (Usually I do invite people in while I gather the kids, get the keys, etc.) He continued to press the subject and said he would wait for me to finish and that he would help me out. Ummm, I think not sir. You are totally setting my creep-o-meter off. Finally, I got him to leave. And come to think of it, he never made an appointment with me (thank goodness) but anyway it made me start to think that managing apartments might not be the safest thing. Not that I will quit or anything but in some ways I wonder why I put myself and my kids in a position where anyone could lure us out and do who knows what to us. Or just the fact that complete strangers know where I live and that I am alone most of the time..well that kind of makes me nervous. Hmmm, just random thoughts I thought I would share.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Jaci you are a great writer! How cute are your kids?? Seriously I am adding your blog to my list to check! San Fran, huh? It's great to see what's going on!

Erin said...

Your little knight is too cute. He's right, he is too cute for a picture. As far as the creepie guy, I say trust your instincts. No one says you have to be nice all the time. It's better to be rude than to get hurt.

Kristy said...

Good thing you followed your guy instinct about this guy. I have found that it is usually the spirit guiding me and it is best to listen in circumstances like this. Also, don't get too worried about future renters, I'm sure it was a rare situation. I hope..