Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Riding Hope

One of the many fun things we were able to do while we were in UT was to go to the Shepherd's annual family home evening. Going to this family gathering is one of my fondest childhood memories. Oh how I miss seeing Grandma and Papa Nipper! They made Christmas magical and Grandma always helped us remember that Christ should be our main focus in all we do. I was wishing that they could have been there this year. Mostly for selfish reasons, I would love for them to see adorable little Grant running around. And of course they would also love seeing all of the other darling kids! Then again, I am sure they are able to see all of that. :-)
Grant liked Santa until he sat on Santa's lap. Then, the screaming began. However, Grant did love the orange he got from Santa. He thinks oranges (and apples, heck all fruit) are balls. "Bounce!"
Grandma Naenae had asked Uncle Clyde if Grant could see the horses. When we got to his house, Kelson took us out to see them. Grant was in heaven!
He didn't stop smiling and was totally enthralled.
I think he was wishing we could take one home with us.
Hope was one of his favorites.
Then after the party, Uncle Clyde put a saddle on Hope and Grant was able to go for a ride.
And let me tell you, he hasn't stopped talking about it!
"I ride a pony! Hope!" Now every pony is named Hope.Thanks Uncle Clyde for making a little boy's wish come true!

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is so great that he got to ride a horse! What a lucky little boy!

mary said...

What fun. He's probably never going to forget it. Now you know what to get him for Christmas- a horse!

Kristy said...

I didn't see these pictures until now! what a cutie. It looks like you are going to have to fly out more often so you can come see Hope! Maybe one day Myles will be able to Saddle them up for him and Grant to ride forever! "Uncle Clyde" is the greatest.

Kristy said...

I didn't see these pictures until now! what a cutie. It looks like you are going to have to fly out more often so you can come see Hope! Maybe one day Myles will be able to Saddle them up for him and Grant to ride forever! "Uncle Clyde" is the greatest.

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

He is such a cutie.