About 3 weeks ago, I found a lump between Grant's leg and groin. Of course, I freaked out and all of the worst scenarios entered our minds. When we went in to see the doctor, we were told to watch it for a few weeks and that it would probably go away. If not, then the doctor said that she would order some blood work and go from there. Well, the lump did not go away and today Grant and mommy went to the doctors. Bug was SO brave! The phlebotomists had a difficult time finding a vein in Grant's arm. They of course had to put a band around his arm while they were taking the blood and Grant kept telling them, "Tight!" After looking at both arms they decided to draw blood from Grant's right arm. He didn't even cry! He got upset and whimpered a bit when they poked him and he kept trying to push their hands away. He was honestly so patient--they kept rolling his vein and couldn't get blood out for what seemed like FOREVER! Finally, it started to work and Grant thought it was cool to see his blood filling the viles. Everyone in the lab was so proud of him. He told them he wanted a ball so I promised him we would go to Toys R Us to get a prize. And that we did...

The doctor called us this evening and everything looks great as far as Grant's blood work. His white blood cells are shaped normally and his blood count is normal. So we don't have to worry about cancer or leukemia. Thank goodness! I know it is horrible but I was making "deals" with Heavenly Father all day even though I know that's not how things work. I was begging and pleading that Grant would be okay. Adam admitted he was doing the same thing so I didn't feel too bad. The next step is to wait some more. If the lump does not go away within 3-4 weeks then Grant will be referred to a surgeon. At that point, the surgeon will decide if he wants to do a biopsy or just remove the entire lymph node. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the lump will just go away because we don't want to put him through surgery. Adam was able to give him a blessing this evening and we truly feel like all is well. I am so thankful for a husband who is a worthy Priesthood holder. And we are both thankful that the Lord hears and answers our prayers!
5 comments:
Holy Cow! I had no idea any of this was going on! I'm so sorry your days have been filled with so much worry. I wish I was there to give you and Grant hugs and give moral support. Grant will be in our prayers.
Jax, I am so glad that everything went well. I know you were so worried about your little boy being hurt. What a brave little boy!! I will keep you guys in my prayers as well. I am sure that everything will be just fine!
How scary! I'm glad that the blood work came back good. We had to get Carson's blood drawn once from his arm when he had an eye infection and it was not a good time for him. I think Grant needs to teach him how to be brave in situations like that. I'm all about rewards in situations like that. I hope everything works out and that he doesn't have to get any surgery. He's too little to have to go through something like that.
Oh wow. Poor Grant-- Dave is a phlebotomist and his worst nightmare is trying to find veins on babies. Especially cute plump ones like Grant. But that is scary, and you will have to keep us updated. Wow!
Wow, that is scary. I understand how scary it is, especially with your own child! We hope that everything goes well. And it should, considering he can get whatever he wants. I wish I had that skill. What a cutie!
Post a Comment