Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Can "Read"

First let me say that getting Grant to just look at the camera and smile these days is like pulling teeth. But that is okay, because the photos capture his personality.
Tonight, I was reading to Grant and when I would pause, he would fill in the blank.
He did it with a few different books, too! This is kind of how our reading session went:
Mommy- I am
Grant- Sam
Mommy- I love my
Grant- car
Mommy- I keep my car
Grant- clean
Then he decided to try a different one:
Mommy- Hen has some
Grant- eggs.
Mommy- Some are
Grant- big
Mommy- Some are
Grant- small
Mommy- Hen loves them
Grant- all!
I wish you all could see him learn and grow. He amazes me and Adam every day. The crazy thing is that most of the time we don't even think he is listening but he hears and picks up on everything. I know that is how most kids are but it still blows me away!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

He is so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see him! I haven't seen him since our shower when he was just a month old. They grow way to fast, don't they. So I was thinking... since you two make such smart, beautiful, sweet (the list goes on...) kids, I think you should have 20! :) See you soon.

The Ballard Family said...

Can I just assure you that most kids aren't like Grant??? He IS amazing! I have never seen such an intelligent little kid. I wish I could see him too (and pick up some pointers along the way). I second the comment above-20 it is!

Megan said...

See, I told you! He is on his way to being on Ellen. You should record it and send it in!

mary said...

Next thing you should teach Grant is this:

Mommy: '"Grant looks handsome in..."
Grant: "This cute green outfit!"