Hanging out at the zoo. One of Grant's favorite places!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Trip to Utah
We went to Utah at the end of June for a few weeks. We apologize to most everyone for not calling to hang out--Grace had just been released from the hospital a few days before we left. When we were at the airport getting ready to get on the plane, I looked down and it looked like Grace was wearing blue nail polish on her toes and fingers. I quickly looked at the rest of her body and she did not have good coloring. I probably should never have gotten on the plane! Stellar mom, eh? But in my defense, Adam was waiting with us until we got on the plane and he thought she would be fine so it wasn't just my call. When we got to UT, her oxygen needs went way up and we were almost admitted to Primary Children's. Luckily, the doctors considered us a "walking hospital" as they put it. We were able to stay out of the big house but didn't want to take any chances of Gracie catching anything so we steered clear of most people. Even though Grace was tethered to an oxygen tank the entire time, we had a blast! We considered hiding the family in our suitcases but they all insisted they stay because they supposedly have to work and go to school. Who does that?
We were able to meet Aunt Erin! She and Uncle Brian are getting married in August and we are super excited for them. She is so sweet! And hello...look how beautiful she is! Gracie loved "Bry Bry" and would stand up for him whenever he asked. She might be a little jealous of Aunt Erin. Grant is having a hard time with the whole marriage thing. He seems to think that when Brian gets married, he won't be an uncle anymore. Silly boy!
We went to the Murray parade for the 4th of July so we could see Uncle Scotty. I think we got enough candy to last a year. Grace was bustin' a move whenever she heard music and kept clapping for everyone.
Grant watched the parade in style!
While daddy was in a meeting, we enjoyed Temple Square.


One day we went to Wheeler Farm--Grant always looks forward to this outing. Yea! A farm!
I am thinking that Grant will grow up to be a farmer.
Grandma and Grant hanging out at the farm
Grant would have taken the pony home if we would have let him. He tells me daily that he wants a horse and a pony. One day buddy, maybe we will be able to make your dream come true.

Hanging out at the zoo. One of Grant's favorite places!
Grace was a good sport at the zoo. She seemed to like the animals and would copy quite a few signs when I told her their names.
Listening to Grant and Grandma play the piano
Look at this concentration
And singing some more...
I found Grace sleeping like this. It cracked me up.
Playing with Uncle Scotty and Bruno. Both kids loved playing with Uncle Pete and Uncle Brian, too!
Reading with Grandpa

Hanging out at the zoo. One of Grant's favorite places!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a fun trip Jaci, I am sorry that Grace got sick, but it looks like she was doing ok through all of it.
You tell Grant I have dreamed of a horse since I was so little. I used to get horse figures at every birthday. You are the woman Jaci, all that you do. Those kids are very blessed to have you to take care of them!
I can't believe how big they're both getting...and all that hair for Grace...I can't wait to be able to do Jamie's hair like that...glad you had a good trip...
Your kids are as cute as ever! We were in Utah June 27th through July 2nd. Were we there the same time??
Grant and Grace have both gotten so big! The photos are all just beautiful--thanks. Grace looks so well inspite of the health scare.
I'm sad we didn't get to see you but I totally understand. Looks like you were able to have lots of fun! Miss you !
What a fun trip to Utah! I feel like we keep missing each other--you go to Utah, then I go. We really need to get together when I get back in town, we miss you guys!
Post a Comment