Grace was admitted to the big house a few days ago but we were able to convince the medical staff to let us come home. Hurray! Last week, I had to do CPR on Grace because she stopped breathing. Then a few days later she had a few blue spells and was admitted to Lucile Packard's Children Hospital. She has RSV and pneumonia. Poor little thing. The amazing thing about her is that she keeps on smiling through everything. I do not know how people stay in hospital's for long periods of time...Lacey, my heart aches for you and all you have to go through! Anyway, we are home and looking forward to getting our happy, healthy butterfly back.
25 comments:
We are thankful that she is back home. I will put her name on the St George Temple prayer roll and we will keep your family in our prayers.
Wow, Jaci. I can't even imagine. You are so much stronger that I am. Your sweet little Grace and your family is in our prayers.
I loved the tutu pictures of Grace; she is precious. Hopefully she's back to healthy soon!
Ahh Gracie! We are praying for you
to get better.
Wow! I am terrified to think of the possibility of having to do cpr on my baby. Good work! Hospital stays are horrible and hard on everyone, you should be proud of yourselves for making it through. Good luck to Gracie, I hope she gets feeling better soon. I will be praying for her.
Ahhh goodness I'm glad you're home! Oh Gracie girl you are in our prayers, I am so sorry! And you really have inspired me to take infant CPR classes, I wouldn't even know what to do if a baby stopped breathing. What an eye opener, you saved her life. I hope she's feeling better, it is so heartbreaking to watch little babies get sick. Get better Gracie lady! :)
Jaci, I'm so glad you knew what to do! Nothing quite like saving your own kid's life, huh? When Gracie is all better I'm gonna spank her little bum for pulling that stunt. Our prayers are with you.
No fun!! You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Oh I'm so sorry, your first nasty hospital stay. Did you come home with oxygen? These naughty babies who like to turn blue on us. They need spankings.
I am so glad you are home, it is so much more comfortable than the hospital! I hope that she will overcome both issues soon, one alone is enough!! You better call if you need something and I hope that check shows up somewhere! I'm still looking:)
Just last month Celeste's Dr told me that RSV doesn't happen out here, and then a newborn in our ward got it like a week later, and now you guys. Time for a new dr. I am so sorry that you guys are trying to cram your busy life in around such frequent hospital visits. Poor little Gracie, but she does look so cute with her tubes!
What an awful experience. So glad to hear she is home and doing better now. Hope everything else in life is going well for you guys.
I definately second that... Hospitals Are not Hotels!!!!Your baby Grace is darling!
Poor Grace. I hope she gets better soon. I know what you mean about hospitals. Glad that you are back home.
What?! I'm so sorry! It breaks my heart to think of little Grace (who stole my heart, by the way :) ) was so sick. What a scary thing for you to go through. She's lucky to have a Mom like you who takes such good care of her and can keep her cool in sucha scary situation. You'll all be in my prayers.
Jaci, you are such an amazing Mom. I'm so glad to here that Gracie is doing so much better.
I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope she is getting better. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help out!
Wow Jaci, I didn't know she had been sick. It sure was fun to see you in Utah and play a minute with the kids. They are so cute! Our prayers are with you. I just talk to your dad, and glad your mom is with you. Good Luck & our prayers are with you.
I cannot believe all that you go through! You are your little girl are truly amazing!! I hope that she starts feeling better. Poor sweet little thing...
Hi there- I found your blog through Lacey's...your sweet Grace is beautiful! So sorry you are fighting RSV and all the rest. That's been our biggest fear with our little one. I am a mom to a 6 month old DS little girl, Preslie. It's been quite the adventure, but she has been the biggest and most precious blessing. We are in Utah...we live a few miles east of HEber City. anyway, wanted to introduce myself and say hello! :)
No fun Jaci, I feel so bad for you, I hate it when my kiddos are sick, I can't even imagine how much worse it must be to have to be at the hospital for that long. I am glad that she is getting better!
You had to perform CPR. I would freak. You are one brave lady. Post more pics of Grace - man she's cute!
I am so sorry Jaci! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, it will get nice and warm soon and there won't be any more illnesses!!!!
I had to be in the hospital for 3 hours with Emma today and that was to long for me so I can't even imagine what it was like for you. How is Grace doing now?
Oh my heavens! I have not been keeping up with you very well, have I? That is so scary. How do you do it all my dear? Please call me when you are having a hard day! Dinner will be delivered to your doorstep and we won't even let you invite us in to keep the germies out!
Oh Jaci... I am so sorry you had to go through that. I think I would pass out if I had to do the CPR on a baby like that. And RSV... gosh! Winters can be rough with kids with DS, but do know that each year has gotten so much better and Haley is just 3. Hang in there! Let's catch up again soon:-) Maybe I can meet you this time?
Brooke
Post a Comment