Thursday, April 5, 2012

All Grown Up



Isn't he so handsome?  I could eat him with a spoon!
Tonight Grant felt all grown up!  His friend, Bella, has been attending a track-out acting camp and was going to be performing Pinocchio tonight.    
                                   
Bella requested the presence of Grant.  She made a really cute invitation, too.  Her mom called and asked if she could pick up Grant and take him to the play and then out to eat afterwards.  Grant has been super excited! There were a few moments today that he was feeling anxious and he said he had a cough so he couldn't go; however, I reassured him that he was fine and talked about what a great time he would have.  When it was time for him to be picked up, he was waiting by the door with a smile.  
 
 He was also excited to give Bella a flower for doing a great job in the play.  Last night, Adam made a joke that it was Grant's first date.  That did not go over well.  After all, he does already have a girlfriend in Utah.  I will be surprised if anyone will ever be able to take the place of "Hadlie Girl".  So. I am anxiously awaiting his return so I can hear all about the play and dinner!

3 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Love it!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is ADORABLE!

abutterflyfamily said...

Just read this...catching up on blogs...so glad he had a good time and decided to go, it made Bella's day and she still talks about her BEST BUD coming to her play. As for the date, Bella is not allowed to date until she is 16 and she is also the first to assure you that Grant and she will NEVER date, they are best buds only! However, she may ask him to be HER best man when she marries the little boy she has already picked out for her husband! I love your son and can't say enough how I hope the kids stay friends forever because when she does date if any boy does not treat my girl like the princess she is, I will be calling on Super Hero/Ninja Grant to put him in his place...with super intelligent words of course!