Sunday, December 4, 2011

I {Heart} Grace




I LOVE this little girl and cannot get enough of her. Even though she scratches me, pulls my hair, digs her nails into my face, beats up her baby sister, pesters her brother, and "squawks" at us because she can't verbally communicate and gets frustrated easily...I want to be with her every second of every day. When she goes to bed, I sneak into her room just to stare at her for a while and to be near her. Whenever she holds my hand, my heart leaps. Today as Grace and I walked around the house holding hands I smiled thinking that hopefully she will always want to hold my hand. One day, I will be 70 and she will be 44 and she will still take my hand as we walk through the mall or the grocery store or even through the house. Honestly, I am so lucky.

She can always put a smile on my face--even if she is being naughty (climbing on tables)
or is making a mess (eating coolwhip on the kitchen rug)

She left that star sticker on her face ALL day

And she give the best hugs and kisses.
Grace, I {heart} you!

4 comments:

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

This totally made me tear up, she is very lucky to have you, and you her!

Rochelle Brunson said...

So sweet! You are a great mom.

Lachelle said...

This post totally made me cry! She is a very special girl(I wish I could meet her!) and you are a truly amazing Mom!

The Ballard Family said...

That made me smile too. Thanks.