Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"LEMONADE! Get your lemonade!"

Oh goodness, I have a lot of catching up to do. However, let's start simple shall we? Grant has mentioned having a lemonade "stand" a few times and decided that today was the day to put his plans into action. We had made cookies the other day so he decided to make money off those, too. He made the lemonade with some assistance, wrote his sign, and asked me to carry the picnic table to the front yard. I must add that I was extremely impressed as I watched him sound out lemonade. He figured it all out by himself except for the "e". When I told him to add an "e" he told me, "Oh yeah... e at the end makes the vowel say it's name...lemon-A-de." (emphasis on the A) He is too blasted cute.
Let me also say that it is BLASTED hot here! I warned Grant that people probably wouldn't be outside. Especially during the middle of the day. Not to mention that we live in a cul-de-sac that is tucked away in the back of the neighborhood. However, that did not deter him. He was positive someone would be out walking by. So we went outside and waited. We felt like we were going to melt. Grant yelled, "Lemonade! Get your lemonade! Cookies, we have cookies!" And then there was my favorite, "PEOPLE!!!! We need your nickels, your dimes, your quarters!" We had flushed cheeks. Grant drank 2 or 3 glasses of lemonade and I unfortunately was his only paying customer. He didn't seem too upset about it though. After all, he did make 50 cents! As we were cleaning up and getting ready to hit the pool to cool off, he said to me, "It's a good thing you were around! A little money makes me happy." And so, we will try again Saturday. He should be able to make a little more money--I figure that between me, daddy and Grace, his profits should increase by at least a dollar. :-)

8 comments:

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

Too cute! Wish we could have joined ya!

Lachelle said...

Such cute kids! It was a hot day! Wish I could have bought some lemonade!

Erin said...

A little money makes me happy too! :) Blake has been wanting to do a lemonade stand lately too...wish you lived closer so they could do one together! I pay top dollar when I come across a lemonade stand!

El Chambon said...

Steph and I can come by as well.

Mindy Thomas said...

WAY CUTE! I would have loved to buy some lemonade and cookies from grant. Dang it too bad I don't live near by. He is so smart. I am not suprised your an amazing mom.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is absolutely adorable.

Cheri said...

I had to laugh at your comment; I can honestly say I have no once thought you have bad grammar! I love reading your blog. :) Congrats on the new addition! I can't believe how big those kids are.

Corinne Judy Smith said...

He is such a smartie pants! Awesome writing skills he has.