Friday, March 18, 2011

And....

We're back! Apparently we went on a little hiatus. Why? Because I have no "umph" to blog these days. However, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things. And what better way to do that than to share some of Grant's infamous quotes from the past few weeks. Without further ado:
(I cannot get a normal picture of this kid)

The blossoms here are BEAUTIFUL!!! So while we were driving I started singing, "I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!" Grant interrupted me with, "MOM!!! That is not logical! Popcorn does not grow on trees. They are blossoms." I tried explaining the song but he was not satisfied so he changed the words so that popcorn was replaced with blossoms and so the end said, "it was really so, and it seemed to be blossoms blooming on the apricot tree."

Grant has really been into fact and opinion as well as true and false lately. Pretty much every statement he makes is followed by, "That is an opinion." Or, "That is a fact and is also true." It kills me that he is only 4.5 and he totally grasps the concepts of fact/opinions and true/false. I get confused sometimes and I'm old. :-) Maybe that's why I often hear him tell me, "Mom, you are not smart. I am smart and dad is smart." I don't know if I should reply with, "That is an opinion." Or, "That is a fact."

He was coloring at the table and writing down names for the little brother he is sure he is getting... he assures me it will happen the way he wants since he prays for it (I guess he isn't really paying attention to the parts of the family home evening lessons where we explain that we don't get everything we pray for). Anyway, the names were pretty funny- he decided that he wanted to write our last name first then put the name so the list he had was: Barrow Vowt, Barrow Tit, Barrow Mat. HOWEVER, the FUNNIEST part was when he said, "My new brother will be my favorite little brother. Gracie is my little BOTHER!" She just laughed. Good thing she has no idea what he is talking about.

And last but not least, he was working with his speech therapist and he put his hands on his head and said in a drawn out voice, "I. Can't. Handle. This!" His therapist said, "C'mon Grant, you're doing awesome!" To which he replied, "Awesnot!" Needless to say, that is our new favorite word around here.

Of course, a new post wouldn't be complete without a few pictures of the princess. She has been busy fighting off illnesses, "enjoyed" a stay at the hospital, enjoys picking on her brother, and rupturing the dogs eardrum in her spare time...the list could go on and on. :-)Doesn't she have the cutest face?!?!

6 comments:

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

I love reading your posts! You're kids are so cute. You are so good an jotting down all the little important details, something I wish I were better at! You really enjoy all the moments, and live in them! Go you, and my guess is a boy!

Erin said...

Awesnot! I love it! I love the pictures too...Gracie's hair is so long, I love the ponytail! Hope you are doing well! You have inspired me to write down more of the funny things Blake and Collin say. :)
Oh, and congrats...I did read the post right, right?! When are you due?

Cameron and Katie said...

Grant has always been cute, but GRACE! Come on, her coloring is INCREDIBLE! That creamy skin and rose lips. Good grief. What a little model. And, good luck to Grant on getting that Brother.

Dee and Mary Lee Barrow said...

Grant is a punner! What a command of the language.

Rock said...

I can't believe how long her hair is - so cute!

The Ballard Family said...

Grant is killing me! Who does he spend all of his time with? Mom! Who needs to debate on whether or not you are a stinkin' smarty? NOBODY!
And give me a break with Gracie! She is totally a little girl now. Not a hint of baby in that beautiful face of hers. She is seriously so GORGEOUS! Don't even try to tell me she causes trouble in your house. Not having it! Look at that face...pure angel. ;)
Can't wait to see you guys!