Sunday, September 26, 2010

Odds and Ends

Earlier this month, one of the partners at Adam's firm, gave us tickets to a NC State game. We thought it would be a fun opportunity to have a family outing. So we gave the kids late naps and headed off to the stadium. It was awesome because we even had a reserved parking space. Sweet!
Grant LOVED it! He did not want to leave! He convinced us to stay until the 4th quarter. He kept howling and would make his hand look like a wolf. Then, whenever the wolfpack got a first down, he would yell, "Move the tape, move the tape, move, move, move!" Some guy told the people around us it was chains but Grant just followed the majority. Everyone around him loved that he was so in to it! Gracie did awesome. There was a little too much noise for her liking but she handled it well. She would just cling to my neck when everyone started cheering. By the time we were leaving, pretty much everyone in the section knew her name. As we stood up to leave, they were all saying, "Bye Grace!" And I am sure they loved the kisses they got blown to them in return. The best part of the night though was when we were leaving the stadium. I was getting ready to comment that it stunk because it smelled like beer. Before I could open my mouth, Grant took a big sniff and said, "MMMMM, it smells good!" Adam and I burst out laughing. We explained what the smell was and had the talk again about drinking and how it is not good for your body and that in our church, we don't drink alcohol, coffee or tea and we don't smoke, etc. Anyway, he then points at a group of college kids...they all have beers and he says very loudly, "Why are they going to die?!?!" We apologized to the kids who just smiled and then had another talk with Grant. It was pretty funny.
On another note, Grant gave his first talk in primary today. His topic was "I obey Jesus Christ because I love Him." He did awesome! This is one of the pictures he held up when he was talking about prayer. He is always so helpful to the rest of the family when it is not his turn to pray. We are so proud of him.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love that Grant is sporting Cougars gear at the NC State game :)

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

Such a happy little family! You guys are such great parents!

cheeriBABY said...

Going out with the whole family is always a treat! Looks like you guys had fun!

Dee and Mary Lee Barrow said...

Just a reminder:
McKay - graduated UNC 2002
Aaron will graduate UNC med school 2011
Kelley - UNC freshman.

The Cougar hat is redeeming.

Love,
Mary Lee

Anonymous said...

So cute! You have such a fun family. I love reading your blog and seeing how big your kids are getting. Grace is ADORABLE! How is it having a little girl? I want a girl so bad, with my luck I will get all boys!