Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Boy and His Grandma

When Grace had her g-tube and nissen surgery back in October, Grandma B. was able to come out and help (what a lifesaver). Grant adores Grandma B.He was so happy to have such a great playmate. One day, Grant and Grandma B. had a cute little conversation. I asked Grandma B. to type it up so here is what she wrote:"Grant was holding my arm and then my watch caught his eye:

Grant: Who gave you that watch, Grandma B?

Me: Someone who loves me very much. Who do you think loves me very much?

(Grant looks at the ceiling while thinking, then answers)

Grant: Grandpa B?

Me; Yes. Grandpa B gave me this watch.

(Grant looks at the ceiling while thinking again, then answers)

Grant: Why does Grandpa B. love you?

Me: That’s a good question. Why do you think he loves me so much?

(Grant looks at the ceiling again while thinking, then answers)

Grant: Because you listen to Jesus?

Me: Yes, that could be why he loves me.

(He again thinks for a moment)

Grant: Hadlie (his friend) listens to Jesus. I could marry her.


My immediate thought: Call Joel and tell him I know a good speaker for our next FHE in the YSA ward! :)"

Thanks Grandma B. for being the best!

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

I love it! That boy is something else. I'm glad you're keeping a record of this so when they do actually get hitched Hadlie will know it was love at first sight. Every girls dream, right?